Thursday, May 26, 2005

Further Instructions....

Do you ever feel like even in a room of over 3000 it's possible God is trying to get your attention?? Last night at church I was soooo there. We were studying Colossians 4:2-6. Subtitled "Further Instructions" in my small, much under used, Bible Ginger gave me for my 18th birthday.

Let your conversation be always full of grace seasoned with salt, so that you know how to answer everyone.

"It's that simple God?" I thought. What the heck have I been wasting my time and energy for?

I had been feeling fustrated the past several days because my mind has been consumed with how to respond to things people have said on other blogs that I felt were false, accusational or insulting. The whole thing was actually a distraction. A distraction from God. A distraction from living a life of joy. A distraction from the work I have to do. God dosen't need me to defend Him from those who are already on His side.

I remember a few years ago a good friend of ours had decided to throw out Bibles other then King James and only study that version. The rest of us jumped on that friend, almost in disgust, with our opinions and intelligent arguments on why we thought they were crazy. The outcome was really hurt feelings and a break down in a community where God had been at work. In those days we were all so young (a few years out of high-school) and we would spend time priding ourselves on how deep and insightful we were, arguing things like predestination. Our pride and the need to be the cleverest one in the room was more important then God's will or Grace.

I don't want to go back to those days. I would rather spend my days extending Grace and Joy. Cherishing ever moment with Malachy and my family. Encouraging and leading to the best of my ability the few people God has entrusted to my ministry. If the cost is my ego, my pride, I'm willing to pay that and continue to wait for further instructions.

No comments: