Sunday, January 29, 2006
1. Mark loves his job and I think he is doing a great job and learning so much, I'm really proud of him.
2. Mark can speak "communicative" Russian and lived in Moscow for 2 years.
3. Mark feels he is often attributed motives that just aren't there(mostly by Kim and I) ...he's a pretty simple guy.
4. Mark went to private school the majority of his life.
5. Mark has need new glasses for almost 2 years now and keeps allowing me to put it off and spend our money on other things.
6. Mark has been to Mexico, Jamaica, Canada, Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Hungry, Romania, Austria, Latvia, and Russia. ( I have never been out of the country)
7. Mark is the most sound sleeper I have ever met, and he is very slow when he first wakes up.
8. Mark has to tuck in his undershirt otherwise his belt pulls on his tummy hairs...he hates that.
9. Mark gets really mad when I talk while I'm yawning
10. Often times when I ask Mark if he just farted his response is, "I don't know" and he's serious.
11. Mark took 2 years to edit his best friend Todd's wedding video...one year to finish ours.
12. Mark is often eager to help people (especially at work) and never feels resentful or burdened by it.
13. Mark really likes beef villa and his favorite fast food meal is a bacon cheesburger.
14. Mark spent the first 2 years of our relationship trying to convince me that Des Moines, IA is bigger then Schaumburg. (apparently he was right)
15. Mark really misses playing Basketball and hopes to get a bike and a camcorder this summer (or sooner)
16. Marks favorite video games are sports ones and not the shot 'em up type...but he also likes his world domination computer game called civilization.
17. Mark is really good at geography and all that other stuff we were suppose to memorize in school but I never did.
18. Mark's favorite family vacation would be camping and hiking somewhere out west like Colorado or Montana. (I like beaches and Malls)
19. Mark can't wait to play tee ball with Malachy.
20. Mark pretends like he dosen't like Kim's cats but you can tell he is pretty attatched to Piper. He does however, want to get Malachy a dog sometime soon.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
In other news 24 was soooo good on Monday night. Then Gilmore Girls was a re-run, made me bad! At least I had American Idol to hold me over! Tonight is an all new LOST! We have no food! Wll no esy to pop in the microwave food that is and I'm feeling lazy! Can't wait till payday!Mom, Dad, Kim, and I bought train tickets to go see Noah in Feb. We will get there on a Saturday morning and leave on a Sunday night, so it's a short visit. But Noah is working that Monday and that is how the train schedule runs. I'm so glad Mom and Dad are coming. I think Noah will be glad they got to see where he has lived this past year. This week is a real busy one at work. We have the big Casa concert with Maria Del Sol. Alright thats it. Pray for Malachy please!
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Friday, January 20, 2006
Thursday, January 19, 2006
This song was on the can't hardly wait soundtrack and to me it was right there with "in your eyes" from Say Anything. (which is one of my favorite movies)
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Experts call this phenomenon experimenting with cause and effect — when I do X, Y happens — and it's the underlying reason for many of your most trying behavior problems now. Try not to overreact when your child's attention-getting tricks get out of hand — just gently but firmly stop the hurtful behavior and try to redirect his attention elsewhere. The more he gets a rise out of you, the more likely he is to repeat the behavior. Be sure he's getting plenty of positive attention, and you may find yourself getting a break."
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Yesterday Mark and I were trying to find him glasses for under a $1oo...didn't happen...but he did find a place called The Little Gym and we sighned Malachy up for classes!! I couldn't be more excited! We start next tuesday morning it is once a week for 45 mins and both Mark and I are going to go and join Malachy. It cost more then we probably should have commited too but we have talked about doing something likes this for a long time and we just never did it so we thought lets just bite the bullet and do it! I think Malachy will really enjoy it....I was doing cart wheels the other day and he thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen!
Other then that not much going on. I couldn't be more excited about 24!! It has been soooo good! (some of the writting is a little unbelievible like the Jack I know would never let a bad guy get away so he could have a little cuddle time with his girlfriends son) but I have grace because it is a kick butt show!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
FYI...I think Gilmore Girls was good...I couldn't really pay attention. Malachy threw himself into the pillows on my bed but missed and hit his head on the wall causing blood to come out of his mouth and then he rolled off the bed onto the floor...after shaking all the contents of his bottle onto my comforter. So I was more then alittle distracted.
On the subject of Malachy...He has had a pretty nasty cold for about 12 days now. He has been getting low grade fevers on and off and today and yesterday he would only eat half of what he normally eats!!! Plus he has had diarrhea the last 2 days!! He went to the doctor last week to get his shots and I asked the doctor about the cold. Doc said he was fine and that was that. BUT I think 12 days is long enough. I have a full work week ahead of me but I think Thursday will have to be a half day because I need to take him back to the doctors! I will have to break out the credit card for the co-pay. I hid it so I wouldn't feel easily tempted and I have no idea where it is...doh!
Here's hoping for a frugle January!
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Sunday, January 01, 2006
There have certainly been some challenges. Early last spring it seems like everyone in my family made a trip to the hospital for one reason or another. I had to have surgery (again) and family members have had on-going and physicaly painful health struggles. Dad lost a job he had started to enjoy. Mark and I struggled financially after the birth of Malachy. More recently the loss of Tibor and Meg has been especially hard on Mom and Dad, we have all felt it.
While these struggles were all painful I'm very proud of how my family has carried each other. Mom and Dad have tried their hardest to be supportive while mourning with their friends. Our whole family has taken turns helping each other out financially when we could and we have taken care of each other through the medical challenges.
I think this year has been one in which we have all grown a great deal and I will not forget the lessons I learned anytime soon! Thanks to my family and friends who have supported, encouraged, and prayed for us this year. Mark and I are confident God has answered many prayers.
My hopes for 2006:
That we would continue to surrender to Christ
That I would grow in Self-control. (Work harder, Gossip less, be more patient and generous)
Have more babies =)