Thursday, April 13, 2006

Big news!

Malachy went poo poo in the potty (and pee pee too!) We had bought him a little potty seat about a week ago and let him sit on it a couple times, which he REALLY enjoyed. Today while he was hanging with Ma-me (Kimmy) she noticed him making the poo poo face so she asked him "potty?" and he replied "potty!" so off they went to the potty chair (which sits in the toilet seat) and Malachy made a little poo poo and pee pee! Holy Cow! Kim tried to get him to flush the toilet but he was too distracted by wanting to fish his poo poo out of the toilet. He must have been very proud and impressed with himself. She managed to re-direct his attention by getting him excited about hand washing. I don't want to get too excited because I know that it is VERY rare for a child to be potty trained at 18 months but none the less it's a very exciting day and I must admitt I'm disapointed to have missed it!

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Oh poo Steph, I'm so sorry you missed that! I would be disappointed too.

That is SOOOO awesome that he did that though. I put Mad on the toilet and she just went, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooo....you get the picture. It was so cute though poo or no poo. You know "no" is Madison favorite word now and she totally gets what it means.

Anyhoo, I think that kid of yours is way advanced!! SEREIOUSLY!

Crystal Starr said...

Oh did I mention that I miss you and Kim? Well I do, and I left you 2 messages at work. Just letting you know because I know that you don't always check for them. =o)

I hope we can hang out tomorrow!

Crystal Starr said...

Call me tonight or in the morning, early is good. My mom is going to baby-sit but wants to know what time because she wants to take the big kids fishing and...I'll just fill you in on the phone.

You can call anytime after 7:30!