Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Emily Update

I posted this for Crystal on her blog:

Hi, this is Steph, Crystal's friend. I'm posting for Crystal because she is having issues with her internet. Crystal is at home "resting" tonight. Frank and Madi are not feeling well so she still has her hands full at home but I know she is glad to be able to spend some time with them.

Mainly she wanted me to communicate that she is "beyond thankful for everyone's visits, phone calls, gifts, cards, and PRAYERS." I got to visit Emily, Crystal, and Scott at the hospital tonight and the first thing I noticed when I walked in was a ceiling full of balloons and a whole wall of gifts and get well wishes. I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with the out pouring of love towards Emily!

Crystal said that Emily's calcium levels are still low and she will not be able to go home until they stabilize so keep praying for continued healing. The hope is that she will be able to come home tomorrow so please pray that all will go well so that can happen. Emily is doing well. She got the drainage tubes taken out this evening and she is feeling more comfortable. She got up and walked around some and is talking more.

I'm so glad I got to visit them today. I have to tell you that Emily is being so brave. I could tell she was extremely tired but she was still trying to be kind and polite. She even gave me some candy! She was so sweet to all the staff that came in and I'm sure she has been a blessing to her doctors and nurses. Crystal and Scott must be so proud, and they should be! Emily is a remarkable little girl!

I have to finish by saying THANK YOU again because that is the one thing Crystal kept repeating when she asked me to do this post for her.

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

Thank you so much Steph for posting updates!!