Monday, September 05, 2005

another fine weekend!

Mark and I had another grand weekend! Yesterday after church we went with Dad and his (as well as our) pal Lou to the race trac. It was an interesting experience. The trac was gorgeous! There were a LOT more families there then I had expected and the whole thing was fascinating. We drove to the barns afterwards with Lou to see his horse (which didn't win but did come in 4th) and it was amazing to see how many barns were there along with a bunch of apartment housing for the staff. It's a whole community, it was nuts! Mark and I gambled a little which I felt sort of bad about especially after a good friend of mine implied that she thought it was a bit distastefull, gambling at all, in-light of the recent tragedy in New Orleans.... I sort of agree with her. I'm choosing to look at it as paying for the experience rather then gambling but I do think if I ever go again I will bring $10 instead of $40. Mark and I had a good time and enjoyed being in the fresh air seeing huge horses and hanging out with Dad and Lou!

Today we tried to go to the pool which was closed!!!! So after driving around for 30 mins trying to find something open and fun for Malachy we ended up at... the Mall ( of course)! We let Malachy play for the first time in the play area, he loved it! He was as fascinated with the other kids as he was with the things to climb on! Then we got him some ice cream (his new favorite treat) and a little plush frog. Malachy had a good day. Mark and I did a butt load of cleaning this morning and are continuing tonight. It feels good to finally be getting stuff done!

1 comment:

Crystal Starr said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend. I am so glad, I know you needed it.

I bet you are feeling awesome right now after all of that cleaning! I love how I feel after I get my whole house clean. It's a weird high.

Sorry we couldn't come over tonight. I am not doing so good.